Terms & Conditions
Majestic.co.uk Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use
“Majestic” refers to Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd.
- We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
- The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
- Products sold to trade customers are only for resale within the EEA.
- Our website checks stock against our distribution center stock at time of purchase.
- We do offer a store stock guide on the product page, but cannot guarantee the availability or otherwise of any product at any store.
- In the event that a product is unavailable after an order is placed, we shall contact you to arrange replacement, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order if substitutions have not been selectevd.
When opting for substitutions, this means when a product within an order is unavailable, we shall replace that product with another of a higher value.
- Standard Delivery - We normally guarantee delivery within five days of your order except where indicated. However, during peak periods this may be extended. Standard delivery is only available for orders of six or more bottles of wine, spirits and/or Champagne. Beer will be delivered on top of an order of 6 bottles. We recommend that orders of a high value are fulfilled via the standard store delivery method, as this is a signed for service, which is booked for a time to suit you.
- Express Delivery - We work with a courier network. The courier will leave your order in a safe place if they are unable to successfully deliver. Express delivery is a charged service. We do not deliver to the Channel Islands or destinations outside the UK.
Click & Collect
- Standard Click & Collect - This service is guarantee collection within 5 days, however can be much quicker depending on store availability.
- Express Click & Collect - This service is a best endeavor next day delivery service by our courier network.
- Please note during adverse weather conditions Majestic may not be able to guaranteed delivery within the specified timeframe.
- All prices are inclusive of UK VAT.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mis-priced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- We offer an improved ‘Mix 6’ price to customers who order over 6 bottles.
- We never want you to feel you’ve paid too much when you shop at Majestic. If you find the same wine cheaper elsewhere, we’ll match that price for up to 6 bottles. Simple as that.
- Alternatively, we love a challenge. We’re confident we can find you a better tasting wine for the same price. Plus, if it’s not absolutely delicious we’ll give you your money back.
- Just mention the wine you want to match to one of our Wine Gurus in store or give our Customer Happiness Team a call on 0345 605 6767
- We’re sorry that we’re unable to offer the Majestic Price Match in Scotland due to the Alcohol Scotland Act 2010.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience.
- You may request ‘sale-or-return’ when ordering online, which is offered subject to agreement in advance of delivery with the delivering store, subject to any specific conditions as notified by the store.
Cancellations and complaints
- You may cancel your order at any time until 14 working days after delivery. Should you decide to cancel, all charges to you will be refunded as soon as the goods are returned in merchantable condition to your nearest store.
- In the event of complaint please contact the store concerned if it refers to a particular order. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential and will be attended to by a senior manager or director.
For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
Reviews, comments and content
- Users of this website may post reviews, ratings, comments and other content. This right is extended on condition that the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable. Specifically, content should not include software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters or mass mailings.
- You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
- We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove or edit any content.
- If you post content or submit material, unless indicated otherwise you:
- Grant Majestic and its affiliated companies a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
- Grant Majestic and its affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
- Agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to Majestic, the content and material is accurate; use of the content and material you supply does not breach any Majestic policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify Majestic and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against Majestic or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
- In the first instance please contact your local store by email, fax or telephone, as indicated on your order confirmation email and on the website.
- This website is operated by Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd. Registered address: Majestic House, The Belfry, Colonial Way, Watford, Herts. WD24 4WH. Tel. 01923 298 200, Fax. 01923 819 105, Email email@example.com. Registered in England: 1594599. VAT No: 563 0589 32.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
Voucher offers have no cash value, are not for sale, and are only valid at participating Majestic Wine stores. Vouchers can be used once only, and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Photocopies not accepted. One voucher redeemable per transaction, per household and minimum bottle order volume applies where stated. Expiry date is specified on the voucher. In the case of a product being out of stock within the promotion period, Majestic Wine may be able to offer a replacement product at the store manager's discretion. Unless specified, the voucher or online code is not valid in Majestic Wine Calais stores or in Majestic Wine in Scotland. Ask instore or call our Customer Happiness Team on 0345 605 6767 for further details.
Special conditions relating to “Free bottle of Champagne or wine”
Receive a free bottle of wine or Champagne (depending on offer) when you purchase the required number of bottles (6 or 12 bottles depending on offer specifications) or the required spend threshold as specified on the offer from us in-store or online. Offer valid until date stipulated in the offer or on the voucher. The free bottle will be added to the transaction when you present this voucher to a member of staff or input voucher code online at the final stage of purchasing. Persons must be aged 18 and over. One free bottle/voucher code redeemable per transaction. One free bottle/voucher code redeemable per customer. Original voucher can only be used once and is not transferable. Not valid on telephone purchases, in Majestic Wine Calais stores or in Majestic Wine in Scotland.
Special conditions relating to “2 Free Bottles of Prosecco” email promotion
Receive 2 free bottles of Prosecco when you purchase any 6 bottles from us in-store or online. Offer valid until date stipulated on this voucher. Minimum purchase in-store or online just 6 bottles, any mix. Two bottles of Prosecco will be discounted from your transaction when you present this voucher to a member of staff. If redeemed online, the promotional code will add 2 bottles of Prosecco to your trolley at a cost of £0.00. Persons must be aged 18 and over. One voucher redeemable per transaction. One voucher redeemable per customer. Original voucher can only be used once and is not transferable. Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher. Not valid on telephone purchases, or in Majestic Wine Calais, or in Majestic Wine in Scotland.
Wine Concierge terms and conditions
- Signing-up to our Wine concierge service guarantees you a bundle of seasonal wines, delivered to your door every 12 weeks – March, June, September and December. You will automatically receive the selection unless you request otherwise.
- The price of the case is £99 (the wines are always discounted by a minimum of 20%). It will be debited from your registered credit / debit card when each case is shipped. We will always include a 13th bottle for free.
- We’ll email you before each case is due (confirming the wines and delivery address), and if the timing’s not right, you can postpone or skip your order. If you don’t like the look of any of the wines in the case just call us and we'll suggest some replacements we think you will like!
- The wines in your case are subject to availability, so we reserve the right to substitute any of the wines between emailing you and shipping your wines – but we will pick similar wines or new vintages of the same value if not higher.
- Delivery or the click and collect service is always free on your Wine concierge case and you can cancel your membership at any time if you’re not happy – so there’s nothing to lose!
- With your Wine Concierge VIP membership you are entitled to try any bottle up to a value of £20 in store, as well as a minimum 10% off any single bottle price product in store (i.e 10% off if you purchase 1 – 5 bottles).
- The contents of your concierge case are covered by our no quibble guarantee.
- If a case is delivered that you do not require we’ll simply come and collect it free of charge and issue a full refund.
Privilege Card terms and conditions
Acceptance of terms
- By applying for the Privilege card and when using the Privilege card, the cardholder fully accepts the terms and conditions as detailed below, and any future changes to the terms and conditions.
- The cardholder agrees to provide their name and home address details to Majestic staff when requested. These details must match our records from when the card was originally applied for.
- The cardholder must provide a valid e-mail address and the choice as to whether Majestic may e-mail them offers (you may unsubscribe at any time if desired).
- By using the card the cardholder agrees to Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd anonymously sharing the cardholder's spend over any chosen period with the MCC or their employer, as part of a collective member/employee spend.
- Individual Privilege cardholder spend will not be disclosed to MCC or their employer unless in the case of suspected infringement of terms and conditions and where necessary.
- The Privilege cardholder agrees that this information will be held by Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd.
Authorised use, ordering, exemptions
- A valid Majestic Privilege card must be shown to Majestic staff prior to purchase, or if goods are delivered, at the point of delivery.
- When ordering online you need to be registered and logged in to majestic.co.uk using the email address shown on this card.
- To activate the online discount, enter your unique 12 digit Privilege card number (no spaces) in the promotional code box on the checkout.
- The Majestic Privilege card has no monetary value, is strictly non-transferable and is only to be used for reasonable personal purchases by Members or employees only - not family, friends or other third parties.
- Reasonable personal purchases is defined as up to £250 of goods per calendar month. For exceptions to this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Products containing alcohol can only be sold and delivered to people aged 18 or over.
- The Majestic Privilege card is only valid to purchase goods in England, Wales, Scotland, Calais and Coquelle stores Majestic Wine Warehouses stores or via majestic.co.uk The Majestic Privilege card is not valid at or at Lay and Wheeler.
- All products are offered subject to both availability and the prevailing terms and conditions at the time of purchase.
- No discount will be given on any applicable (or supplementary) delivery charges.
- Mainland UK delivery is free on any six bottles of wine, Champagne or spirits. If an express delivery is chosen, the order will incur an extra delivery cost.
- Occasionally there may be some products where no further discount will be given, and you will be advised of this at the time of purchase.
- Goods must be paid for in full at time of purchase by cash credit / debit card.
- For all sale or return products, or items which require a refundable deposit, both the original invoice and original method of payment must be produced in order to be credited.
- Majestic retains the right to refuse to accept an order.
- At all times the Privilege card remains the property of Majestic Wine Warehouses Ltd and must be returned to them, if requested in writing.
- The Privilege card becomes invalid after the expiry date printed on the front.
- The Privilege cardholder must inform Majestic Wine via email at email@example.com of any changes to surname or home address details.
- Should the Privilege cardholder cease to be an employee of the afore mentioned companies or no longer be a full time member of the MCC the card must be destroyed and an email notification sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 18 May 2017